Fan, Pik Shy, is a senior lecturer in Institute of China Studies, University of Malaya. She received her Bachelor's degree from the Faculty of Education at the University of Malaya and went on to complete her PhD in Chinese Language and Applied Linguistics at Capital Normal University, China. She is currently working on the following research projects: “Cultural Import in Chinese Language Classes in National Universities of Malaysia”, “The Sustaining of the Hakka Identity in Malaysia :A Case Study of Four Hakka Settlements” and “Cross-national Study of ‘China Studies’ Intellectual Communities: Oral Intellectual History of Malaysian ‘China Studies’”.
Her research interests cover topics such as Malaysian Chinese Language, Culture and Literature, as well as Chinese minority ethnic languages.
1. Ng Yan Leng, Fan Pik Shy, Ding Seong Lin. 2010.The Modernization of Chinese Literature in Malaysia: A Case Study on the Poets Community of Jiao Feng (1955-1959).Foreign Literature Studies 32(2): 50-57. (ISI-Cited Publication)
2. Fan Pik Wah, Yeoh Kok Kheng, Fan Pik Shy. 2010.The Subject of Humanity and Historical Memory in The Harmony of Silk Factory. Foreign Literature Studies 32(6): 153-155. (ISI-Cited Publication)
3. Fan Pik Shy, Yeoh Kok Kheng, Ling Tek Soon.2011.Dialect and Region : The Complex Linguistic System of Malaysian Chinese Prose. Foreign Literature Studies 33(6): 133-139. (ISI-Cited Publication)
4. Fan Pik Shy. 2011.Dissemination and Development of Chinese Language in Malaysia: Model and Currrent Status of TCFL in Public Universities. Journal of Chinese Language Studies (7):242-248.
5. Fan Pik Shy. 2012. Components and Characteristics of Dialect Vocabulary in the Chinese Language in Malaysia. Journal of Yunnan Normal University (Teaching and Research on Chinese as a Foreign Language Edition)(3):77-83.
6. Emile Kok-Kheng Yeoh, Susie Yieng-Ping Ling and Fan Pik Shy.2012. Fiscal reform, decentralization and poverty alleviation in the context of China’s 12th Five-Year Plan. Journal of Asian Public Policy:Vol. 5, No. 2: 231–251.
7. Fan Pik Shy, Shu Hui.2012.Malaysian Chinese Literature: A Multi-Perspective Approach. Foreign Literature Studies 34(6): 159-162. (ISI-Cited Publication)